Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Blessed and Highly Favored


When I lived in the Tenderloin, I knew a woman who, when asked by me how she was doing, would always reply, "I'm blessed and highly favored!".  Having not understood what she'd meant by those words, I'd judged her as arrogant.  In the years following, I became a believer in Jesus, and subsequently came also to a personal understanding of what a statement like that can truly mean for a person.  That He reached down and touched me, speaking to my heart and saying, "Hey...you...come with me...be mine," that He enabled my hardened heart to reply, "Yes, Lord," placed me permanently in the most blessed position of all - that of being on the receiving end of an unending supply of His limitless grace.

Today when asked, "Jade, how are you?", I could do no better than to reply, "I am deeply blessed and highly favored of the Lord Jesus Christ".  Because He loves me and has laid claim to me as His own, I could never be anything else.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...