Saturday, October 25, 2014

A Heavenly Gift


I am grateful for:

dancing this afternoon,
singing this evening,
and sweet gifts:

In the freebox today, I found a cobalt picture frame emblazoned with a gold sun, two crescent moons, and stars in which a new collage I made fits quite well (amazingly, I'd only just been thinking of a frame for the collage, as well as of my fondness for celestial blue & gold decor from the 1990s). I behaved quite badly today and God knew that I would behave as such when He gifted me this little frame. To be the recipient of His undeserved and lavish grace is beyond wonderful and beyond my comprehension. He loves horrible me so much. His knowing gift of a perfect picture frame, though it does in no way compare, causes me to think sweetly more of His perfect gift of love -of salvation- to me in the precious and priceless blood of His Son Jesus Christ. 


Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!” 

-Luke 11:11-13 (Jesus)





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...