Monday, May 12, 2014

Freeing Up


As much as I enjoy decorating and re-decorating my little home, sometimes it is even better to purge.  After weeks of bringing home fun things to arrange and enjoy, I was lying on my sofa yesterday afternoon relaxing when my eyes rested on something that just didn't fit.  After thinking about it for a second (the Holy Spirit was downloading), I got up and engaged in what was the beginning of an afternoon of "freeing up".  By evening, quite a lot of things that just didn't fit anymore ended up in a large armoire where they could stay until I could transport them back to the free box in town where most of them came from.  When a few newly-cleared spaces in my home felt a little barren, I was even blessed with creative ideas of how to reclaim and repurpose a few of the items I'd put away.  That was really fun!  

I once read something along the lines of this:  that a home, and the inevitable changes it undergoes, can be reflective of one's shifting internal landscape and the creative process of growth undertaken by one's soul.  Often I have forgotten that God is always at work within me - tweaking, repairing, and rearranging things that just don't fit anymore.  It is even exciting to wonder what He will straight up just get rid of and what He will repurpose according to His always good plan for my life. 


"...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

-Philippians 1:6  


XOXO -jade

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it?
Today I was dreaming of a home of scrubbed wood,
light and air.
Warm weather often brings these longings,
but there are still so many books.
And stacks of afghans.
But the flowers are fresh
and we have a newly acquired green and gold book-case
lightening up the parlour.

-M darling

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...