Saturday, March 22, 2014

Selma Scared


Selma Scared was afeared
of everything and everyone.

She was so scared 
she gnawed at her hair
and sliced off one of her buns!

On this she dined,
sopping blood like wine,
‘till she was promptly full of herself.

Thinking she’d eaten
of her enemies, brow-beaten
she toasted a drink to her health:

“I am Selma Scared -
I’m no longer afeared,
for I’ve gobbled the bones of my foe!
Having smited my threat,
and avoided Death,
I shall roam all my days all alone...
And if ever I’m threatened,
I’ll brandish my weapon -
ravaging my enemy’s flesh -
this I will stick to, adhere to
and cling to
'till the draught of my very last breath!”

Yet, you and I know,
she faced many more foes
and each one she gobbled with pride.
'Till upon her death, 
just before her last breath -
you’d cry out with SHOCK at the sight:
for all that remained
of this story insane
were two fingers,
a fork 
and a knife. 





- a poem about fear of others that I composed before I knew the Lord.



"Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult.  On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing."

              -1 Peter 3:9


"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

              -2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...