Friday, March 21, 2014

Elephants and Keys


I'm pretty much obsessed with interiors and decorating and working on my house.  A few days ago, I mounted a wooden coat rack topped by four carved elephants above my front door.  Since, obviously, I will not be hanging coats above my entryway, I thought I might suspend some tiny, sweet ornaments from the now all but unusable pegs.  The Holy Spirit gave me the idea, this afternoon, of hanging my small collection of vintage (and new) keys up there above the door and so, strung up by midnight blue ribbon, they now dangle prettily from their new place high aloft the molding.  


I like transformation, a thing having a use that is beautiful and unusual and novel and beyond that which it was originally intended for. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...